The Hyperbook of Combinatorics
This is a project to cover major topics in combinatorics with high quality expositions,
the latest developments, up-to-date references and open problems.
At this time, this page is only in its sequential stage. It will be hyperized sooner
You are invited to send me your URL, and you will reserve the right to revise your
own expositions, open problems, and lists of references. If you have changed your
web site, please inform me about the updated address at firstname.lastname@example.org.
What is Combinatorics
Topics in Combinatorics
- Algebriac Combinatorics
Binomial Sums, Eric Weisstein's world of MTHEMATICS
Theory, by Sandra Kingan.
- The Erdos PageDiamond Theory, by Steven H. Cullinane.
- Flocks of Cones, by Bill Cherowitzo.
- Hyperovals in Desarguesian Planes, by Bill Cherowitzo.
of Combinatorial Structures | Canadian Mirror
by Kevin Brown.
- Diagram geometry, by Antonio Pasini [ PS file
| DVI file ]
- A Journey through Intersection Graph County by Erich Prisner
- The binomial coefficients
- Catalan numbers | The meanings of Catalan numbers | An illustration
- Algebraic Combinatorics Via Finite Group Actions, by A. Betten,
H. Fripertinger, A. Kerber
and Publications on Macdonald Polynomials and The n! Conjecture , by A. Garsia
- On-Line Encyclopedia of Integer Sequences, by Neil J. A. Sloane
- A Catalogue of Lattices, by Neil J. A. Sloane and Gabriele Nebe
Signed, Gain, and Biased Graphs , by Thomas Zaslavsky
Matroid Theory, compiled by Sandra Kingan
Matroids and Signed Graphs, by Steven R. Pagano
- Graph Coloring Resources , by Joseph Culberson
Graph Coloring Problems , by Jørgen Bang-Jensen and Bjarne Toft
- Hamiltonian cycle and path problems , by Gregory Gutin and Pablo
- The Four Color Theorem, by Robin Thomas
- What is the Umbral Calculus?, by A. Di Bucchianico
A New Testament for Special Functions?, by Barry A. Cipra
- Szemerédi's regularity lemma and its applications in graph
theory, [dvi file], by János Komlós and Miklós Simonovits
- Graphs, Theory-Algorithms-Complexity, compiled by Thomas Emden-Weinert
- Srinivasa Aiyangar Ramanujan, The MacTutor History of Mathematics
- Percy Alexander MacMahon, The MacTutor History of Mathematics
- More mathematicians , listed by The MacTutor History of Mathematics
Graph Theory Tutorials , by
Chris K. Caldwell | Extended collection by Shereef Hany Bishay
Graph Theory by Stephen
Open Problems in Combinatorics
Combinatorial Problems I Like, by
Open Problems - Graph Theory and Combinatorics, by Douglas B. West
- Open problems in combinatorics (pdf file) , by Alexander Postnikov
- Positivity Problems and Conjectures in Algebraic Combinatorics,
by Richard Stanley
- Ten Problems in Combinatorics, Lecture given by Gian-Carlo Rota
at the Conference on Combinatorics and Physics (CAP'98), held at the Los Alamos
National Laboratory, August 10-12, 1998. To be announced.
Open Problems from the SIAM Activity Group Newsletter in Discrete Mathematics
Problems on the Enumeration of Matchings (ps file) , by James Propp
Combinatorial Problems, by
- Open Problems on Perfect Graphs, by Vašek Chvátal
- Problems in Signed, Gain, and Biased Graphs, compiled by Thomas
Unsolved Problems in Graph Theory, compiled by Stephen C. Locke
Open Problems of Paul Erdös, by Fan R. K. Chung
A list of problems on permutation groups, by Peter J. Cameron
A problem on transitive permutation groups, by Peter J. Cameron
- Some Problems in Matroid Theory, compiled by Thomas Zaslavsky
Unsolved Mathematics Problems, compiled by Steven Finch.